Sunday, February 17, 2013

Enable NTFS write support on Mac OS X

This post will soon be moved to here
This blog has moved to http://dhilipsiva.com/blog/
This post is outdated.

That is really annoying, isin't it? I mean, you plug-in your Disk into your mac, and all you know is you cannot write anything on it. Anyways, I have found an utility to enable mac to write on your NTFS Harddisk. its called ntfs-3g. Here are the steps to install it:


  • brew info fuse4x-kext
  • sudo /bin/cp -rfX /usr/local/Cellar/fuse4x-kext/0.9.2/Library/Extensions/fuse4x.kext /Library/Extensions
  • sudo chmod +s /Library/Extensions/fuse4x.kext/Support/load_fuse4x
  • mount -t fuse4x
  • sudo mv /sbin/mount_ntfs /sbin/mount_ntfs.orig
  • sudo rm /sbin/mount_ntfs
  • brew install fuse4x sshfs
  • sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/fuse4x.kext/
  • sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/fuse4x.kext/
  • brew install ntfs-3g
  • sudo ln -s /usr/local/Cellar/ntfs-3g/2012.1.15/sbin/mount_ntfs /sbin/mount_ntfs
Yes, I know I did not give much of explanation here. Thats because I doubt if this is going to useful for some one. If you are reading this and need some explanation, let me know. I ll update this post as needed. But for now. This is for my future reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment